Charitable Gift Annuity
You can make a gift and receive guaranteed fixed payments for life.
How it works
- You transfer cash or appreciated securities to Jefferson. The minimum gift amount is $10,000.
- Jefferson pays you (or up to two annuitants you name) income for life.
- The remaining principal passes to Jefferson when the annuity contract ends and is used in the manner you specified in your contract.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Your annuity payments are treated as part ordinary income, part capital gains income, if applicable, and part tax-free return of principal.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and Jefferson later.