Code of Conduct
Jefferson is dedicated to maintaining excellence and integrity in all aspects of its operations and its professional and business conduct. Together, we work to protect our values. Read below for information on our Code of Conduct and our confidential alert line.
Jefferson employees can always share concerns with their supervisor, higher-level leaders, human resources, the office of legal counsel, compliance office or an anonymous reporting alertline. Click here to access the brochure.
If your browser does not support the flip-through technology above,
please click here to view the Code of Conduct as a standard PDF.
Potential Code Violations
All members of the Jefferson community are expected to be honest and use good judgment. The behavior examples below represent potential violations of the Code:
- Knowingly authorizing or participating in a violation of federal, state or local law and/or regulations
- Leaders, supervisors or managers failing to provide adequate supervision or displaying a lack of diligence in ensuring compliance with laws, regulations and policies, including our Code.
- Punishing individuals who report issues and/or concerns in good faith.
- Deliberately filing false Code violation reports.
- Submitting falsified medical, business or academic records.
- Actions that are discriminatory or rise to the level of harassment.
- Intentional behaviors that put at risk the privacy and security of Protected Health Information, other confidential information, or private business information.
Reporting Possible Code of Conduct Violations
You do not have to be sure that you are right to raise concerns about potential violations of the Code, Jefferson’s policies, laws, or regulations. Jefferson will investigate all good faith reports of possible misconduct.
Employees can ask questions or report issues to their immediate supervisor, higher-level department managers or leaders, human resources, the office of legal counsel or the compliance office.
Additionally, anyone can anonymously and confidentially report concerns by using Jefferson's third-party 24/7 alertline at 888-5-COMPLY (888-526-6759) or Jefferson.Alertline.com.