Requirements for Accepted Students - Jefferson College of Population Health
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson!
Please review the requirements and information listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact Jefferson College of Population Health at 215-503-5305.
Please use the following information as a checklist to keep track of your requirements as you complete them. We’ve arranged the following tasks by when they require completion in order to ensure you get everything completed on time.
You need to:
OBTAIN CAMPUS KEY AND JEFFERSON EMAIL ADDRESS
- Log onto http://jefferson.blackboard.edu to obtain your Campus Key and Jefferson email address.
- Click on the “Campus Key Lookup” under “Support Links” on the left side of the Blackboard homepage.
- Blackboard Learn is the official University web portal. It provides access to JeffMail (your email account), Banner (student records, course registration, grades), Courses, and Scott Library.
- When corresponding with Jefferson, it is University policy that you use your Jefferson email account at all times. You can forward your Jefferson email to any email account that you wish. Select Options and then Forward Your Email.
For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-503-7600.
CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information go to: https://banner.jefferson.edu/pls/tju/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 215-503-8890.
UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Due Date: Prior to course registration
- It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
- To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
PAY TUITION AND FEES
Due Date: By first day of class
SUBMIT HIPAA & SAFETY TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Due Date: By first day of class
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Due Date: Check with advisor and academic calendar for online registration dates
- Once in Blackboard Learn, go to the Banner tab and click Student.
- Click Registration and Select Term.
- Use the dropdown menu to indicate the term of your registration and click on Add or Drop Classes.
- At the bottom of this screen you will see several empty boxes to enter the 5 digit CRN (Course Reference Number) and register for those classes.
- You can click the Class Search button or confirm with your advisor regarding the appropriate CRN.
- Enter the numbers and click Submit Changes to register.
COMPLETE BLACKBOARD LEARN FOUNDATIONS TRAINING
Due Date: Prior to first day of class
**You will not be able to start your online program unless you complete both of these trainings.
Blackboard Learn Foundations Training is a self-paced introduction to Blackboard Learn, the JCPH online course management system. It utilizes learning modules, a “knowledge check,” and takes 2-4 hours to complete.
- Log on to Blackboard Learn and click the Community tab
- Select JSPH Student Community
- Click Training in left-hand menu
- Review the Foundations Training—Blackboard Learn materials
- Go to Certification Test (Knowledge Checks/Practice Exercises folder)
- Complete the Knowledge Check with score of 90% or higher
- Online students do not need to complete the Practice Exercise
Orientation to Online Courses is a week-long, asynchronous, instructor-led online experience that begins one week prior to the start of your first class and takes about 4-6 hours of time during that week.
- The Orientation ensures that you will have a smooth start of your online experience by providing hands-on practice with web-based tools used in JCHP online classes.
- The training reviews academic and administrative policies and facilitates access to a range of University services.
- Introduces the Online Programs Administrative Liaison (OPAL) who will be your link to campus.
- Introduces the JCPH Online Student Community, an ongoing resource and communications vehicle that will be essential to you throughout your career at Jefferson.