Institute of Emerging Health Professions
Community Health Worker Plus
New to the Institute of Emerging Health Professions is our Community Health Worker Plus (CHW) program. The life of this program depends on job availability, as we strive to find job placement for each of our students (although job placement is not guaranteed).
We are offering a 6 weeks combined Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) and Community Health Worker (CHW) training program starting March, 2018.
These students will come from four different tracks:
- Community Health Worker (CHW) seeking advanced training
- Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) seeking advanced training
- Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) seeking advanced training
- A person who lived recovery experience in a continuous manner for a minimum of 18 months
Through advanced training, graduates of this program will learn how to build individual and community health knowledge in order to improve quality and cultural competence of needed health services through outreach, community education, social support, advocacy, and care counseling.
Training for CRS is provided by Pennsylvania Recovery Organization – Achieving Community Together (PRO-ACT).
|Certified Recovery Specialist Training
||Community Health Worker Training|
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 18 months of recovery experience
Please complete and send the application form to IEHP-Info@jefferson.edu.
Qualifying applicants can apply for financial assistance with Philadelphia Works Inc.