Upon completion of the Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) fellowships, alumni have the skills to:
- Apply research principles and applications to the evaluation of healthcare interventions.
- Analyze the policy implications of health outcomes research findings.
- Analyze and employ the measurement of healthcare quality, safety and cost in various healthcare settings.
- Examine the costs of medical and pharmaceutical care as seen from a variety of perspectives, including health plans, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical and device industries, and academia.
- Assume leadership roles in the management of HEOR projects in a variety of healthcare settings.