Honda, S., Loher, P., Shigematsu, M., Palazzo, J.P., Suzuki, R., Imoto, I., Rigoutsos, I. and Kirino, Y. Sex hormone-dependent tRNA halves enhance cell proliferation in breast and prostate cancers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 112: E3816-E3825, 2015.
We discovered that a novel type of tRNA-derived small RNA, termed SHOT-RNAs, are specifically and abundantly expressed in hormonally-driven breast and prostate cancers and enhance cell proliferation
Honda, S., Morichika, K. and Kirino, Y. Selective amplification and sequencing of cyclic phosphate-containing RNAs by the cP-RNA-seq method. Nature Protocols, 11: 476-489, 2016.
We developed a “cP-RNA-seq” method that can exclusively amplify and sequence cyclic phosphate (cP)-containing RNAs, such as 5′-tRNA halves.
Honda, S. and Kirino, Y. Dumbbell-PCR: a method to quantify specific small RNA variants with a single nucleotide resolution at terminal sequences. Nucleic Acids Research. pii: gkv218., 2015.
We developed “Dumbbell PCR (Db-PCR)”, an efficient and convenient method to distinctively quantify a specific individual small RNA variant.
Honda, S., Shigematsu, M., Morichika, K., Telonis, A.G. and Kirino, Y. Four-leaf clover qRT-PCR: A convenient method for selective quantification of mature transfer RNA. RNA Biology 12: 501-508, 2015.
We developed “Four-Leaf clover qRT-PCR (FL-PCR)”, an efficient and convenient method to specifically quantify mature tRNAs.
Honda, S., Kirino, Y., Maragkakis, M., Alexiou, P., Ohtaki, A., Murali, R., Mourelatos, Z. and Kirino, Y. Mitochondrial protein BmPAPI modulates the length of mature piRNAs. RNA 19: 1-14, 2013.
We identified BmPAPI as a novel piRNA biogenesis factor helping piRNA precursor processing on mitochondrial outer membrane.
- Dumbbell-PCR for discriminative quantification of a small RNA variant
- MINTbase v2.0: A comprehensive database for tRNA-derived fragments that includes nuclear and mitochondrial fragments from all the Cancer Genome Atlas projects
- Increasing cell density globally enhances the biogenesis of Piwi-interacting RNAs in Bombyx mori germ cells
- The biogenesis pathway of tRNA-derived piRNAs in Bombyx germ cells
- YAMAT-seq: An efficient method for high-throughput sequencing of mature transfer RNAs
- 5′-Terminal nucleotide variations in human cytoplasmic tRNAHisGUGand its 5′-halves
- Morphological and histomorphological structures of testes and ovaries in early developmental stages of the silkworm, Bombyx mori
- Consequential considerations when mapping tRNA fragments
- Selective amplification and sequencing of cyclic phosphate-containing RNAs by the cP-RNA-seq method
- Identification and Functional Analysis of the Pre-piRNA 3′ Trimmer in Silkworms
- Sex hormone-dependent tRNA halves enhance cell proliferation in breast and prostate cancers
- Dumbbell-PCR: a method to quantify specific small RNA variants with a single nucleotide resolution at terminal sequences
- tRNA-derived short non-coding RNA as interacting partners of argonaute proteins
- Analysis of 13 cell types reveals evidence for the expression of numerous novel primate- And tissue-specific microRNAs
- Dumbbell-PCR: A method to quantify specific small RNA variants with a single nucleotide resolution at terminal sequences
- Mitochondrial tRNA-lookalikes in nuclear chromosomes: Could they be functional?
- Four-leaf clover qRT-PCR: A convenient method for selective quantification of mature tRNA
- Dissecting tRNA-derived fragment complexities using personalized transcriptomes reveals novel fragment classes and unexpected dependencies
- Nuclear and mitochondrial tRNA-lookalikes in the human genome
- Analysis of sDMA modifications of PIWI proteins