Gift of Real Estate
Gifting real estate can frequently save you thousands of dollars in income, estate and capital gains taxes, while providing a substantial benefit to Jefferson.
How it works
- The Gift Acceptance Committee agrees to accept the gift.
- You deed your home, a commercial building or investment property to Jefferson.
- Jefferson may use the property for its own purposes, or more likely will sell it and use the proceeds as you have directed.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate, regardless of what you originally paid for it.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific fund or purpose.
- You have the satisfaction of supporting Jefferson.