Requirements for Admitted Students - Jefferson College of Nursing
Congratulations on your offer of admission!
Please review the requirements and information listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact the Office of Admissions at 215-503-8890.
Please use the following information as a checklist to keep track of your requirements as you complete them. We’ve arranged the following tasks by when they require completion in order to ensure you get everything completed on time.
Confirm Your Enrollment
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information go to: https://banner.jefferson.edu/pls/tju/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-503-8890.
Update Your Contact Information
Due Date: 4 weeks after offer of admission
It’s important all students review and update their home and local addresses, as well as emergency contact information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
Submit Medical Records
Due Date: First Day of Class.
Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
Forms can be found on the Occupational Health Network (OHN) webpage for Matriculating Students.
Nursing Students are in Category B and must follow the requirements listed for that category. Please note this used to be called Category 1-A.
- Completed forms will be uploaded to your Complio account. Complio is a site hosted by American DataBank (ADB), contracted by Jefferson.
All Jefferson students are expected to use their Jefferson email account when enrolling in Complio (ADB). After that:
- ADB and UHS will review the forms and students will see communications such as correspondence regarding outstanding or insufficient requirements.
It’s the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- If the forms have been accepted and are considered complete, the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved.”
Questions may be addressed by phone to OHN at 215-955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jefferson.edu.
Complete Required Clearances
Summer & Fall 2018 students are permitted to start their clearances. Please CLICK HERE for a PDF of instructions.
Submit Proof of Health Insurance
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
- All matriculated students must maintain health insurance (Dental insurance is optional).
- Learn more about health and dental insurance.
Pay Tuition & Fees
Due Date: By first day of class
Submit HIPAA & Safety Training Requirements
Due Date: By first day of class
- For students who begin in Fall – AVAILABLE IN JUNE
- For all other students – AVAILABLE ONE MONTH PRIOR TO START DATE
- View HIPAA/Safety instructions here.
Spring students will receive online orientation packet approximately one month prior to your scheduled start date.
Summer 2019 students and beyond will be required to attend a Jefferson College of Nursing (JCN) orientation on campus prior to the term beginning. JCN will contact students with a Save the Date and invitation via email.