Institute of Emerging Health Professions
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson!
Please review the requirements listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact admissions at 215-503-8890.
Accept offer of Admission
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information proceed to the Banner Web to log in
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Admissions Office at TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu or call 215-503-8890.
Update your contact information
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
Submit Medical Records
Due Date: ASAP
Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
If you do not comply you will not have access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class.
All students will follow the instructions for Category B medical record requirements:
- Download the Physical Evaluation form here.
- Enroll with American DataBank (ADB), a company contracted by University Health Services, for a $30 annual subscription fee. - https://thomasjefferson.complio.com
- Upload the completed health records into the American DataBank (ADB) Complio System. The required health forms may also be accessed through this website.
All Jefferson students are expected to use their Jefferson email account when enrolling in ADB. After that:
- ADB and UHS will review the forms and students will see communications such as correspondence regarding outstanding or insufficient requirements.
It’s the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- If the forms have been accepted and are considered complete, the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved.”
Questions may be addressed by phone to UHS at 215-955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jefferson.edu.
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit UHS and update your records.
Complete required clearances
Due Date: ASAP
The $119.00 package will contain these services:
- Social Security Trace
- Nationwide Sex Offender Check
- State and County criminal searches
- FBI Fingerprinting
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry
- Drug screen 10 Panel + EXP OPI
Submit proof of health insurance
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
Complete HIPAA/Safety Training
Due Date: By first day of class
Pay tuition and fees
Due Date: By first day of class
- Pay your tuition and fees in Banner or access banner through your blackboard account.
- Follow this link for more information about tuition.
Read the Technical Standards
- Ability to observe and participate in classroom exchanges, demonstrations, experiments and other learning venues in the applicable laboratory discipline or in interdisciplinary didactic and clinical settings.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, solve problems and reach interpretive judgments.
- Sufficient use of the senses of vision, hearing, somatic sensation and motor movement necessary to learn and perform applicable laboratory procedures and associated data management in the classroom, clinical or research setting.
- Ability to communicate electronically, in writing and verbally with faculty, other students and professional colleagues with accuracy, clarity, efficiency and timeliness.
- Sufficient cognitive and physical ability to comply with physical, chemical and biohazard precautions.
The technical standards of the Department do allow for the use of an assistive device (or devices), program time extensions or other forms of support necessary to accomplish the requirements of the program. Such accommodation must be requested in a timely manner, and must be documented, reasonable, appropriate and available to the Department and/or the student.
Submit final transcripts
Due Date: By first day of classes
Have any outstanding official transcripts mailed to:
Office of Admissions
130 South 9th Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107