Jay Goldring, PhD
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 923-7583 fax
PhD, University of North Carolina
MSPH, University of North Carolina
BA, Columbia University
Lecturer, Jefferson College of Population Health
Research & Practice Interests
Pharmaceutical and Consumer Product Quality and Safety
Environmental and Occupational Health
Fundamentals of Environmental Health
Dr. Jay Goldring is presently Executive Director of Quality, Safety & Regulatory Affairs at New Avon LLC, the North America division of Avon Cosmetics. He has over 20 years experience in similar roles at major consumer product, food and pharmaceutical companies. He has served in leadership roles in several trade associations including the Personal Care Products Council and the Sustainability Consortium. His research interests include development and communication of sustainability and quality metrics for consumer products.
Dr. Goldring holds a PhD in toxicology from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (UNC-CH) School of Medicine and an MSPH in Environmental Sciences and Engineering from the UNC-CH School of Public Health. He has taught courses in toxicology and public health as an adjunct faculty member of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Rutgers University.
Most Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Childhood asthma surveillance using computerized billing records: A pilot study
- Asthma Hospitalizations and Readmissions among Children and Young Adults - Wisconsin, 1991-1995
- Health effects of ingesting arsenic-contaminated groundwater
- Prilocaine-induced methemoglobinemia - Wisconsin, 1993
- Three cases of methemoglobinemia associated with dental anesthesia.
- Arsenic in private drinking water wells in Outagamie and Winnebago counties, Wisconsin
- Asthma hospitalizations in Wisconsin: Public health implications
- Ground-level ozone in Wisconsin: potential health effects.