Why Give to Jefferson
At Jefferson, health is all we do.
Jefferson trains more physicians than any other institution. Jefferson is one of only seven health-science universities in the nation, offering professional training in biomedical science, bioscience technologies, pharmacy, nursing, bioethics and health policy.
Jefferson alumni practice in all 50 states, and many also work as researchers for leading drug companies. As the pharmaceutical industry migrates its research and development efforts toward academia, Jefferson is poised to play a leading role.
Thomas Jefferson University provides excellent clinical and compassionate care for patients in our hospitals in the Philadelphia region, and we educate the health professionals of tomorrow in a variety of disciplines while discovering new knowledge that will define the future of clinical care.
Jefferson Health continues its record of excellence in healthcare with recognition from U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals and specialties.
In addition to ranking in the top 10 facilities in the Philadelphia metro area (2nd) and Pennsylvania (3rd), eleven of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's specialty programs have been recognized.
Abington Hospital ranked 4th in the Philadelphia region and 7th in the state. And Aria-Jefferson Health is rated as a high performer in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and congestive heart failure.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital's 2016-17 Nationally Ranked Specialties
Learn more about our nationally ranked specialties as well as the metrics and methodology behind the rankings by visiting U.S. News Health Care or selecting any of the highlighted specialties below.
- Ophthalmology - Jefferson's Department of Ophthalmology (Wills Eye Hospital) ranks 2nd in the nation
- Orthopedics - Ranked 7th best hospital in the nation (Rothman Institute at Jefferson and Philadelphia Hand Center at Jefferson)
- Ear, Nose & Throat - Jefferson is the 18th best hospital in the nation
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery - Jefferson is the 19th best hospital in the nation
- Urology - Jefferson is the 22nd best hospital in the nation
- Neurology & Neurosurgery - Ranked 24th best hospital in the nation (Farber Institute at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Cancer - Ranked 29th best hospital in the nation (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Thomas Jefferson University)
- Diabetes and Endocrinology - Ranked 34th best hospital in the nation
- Geriatrics - Jefferson's Geriatric Medicine ranked 38th in the nation
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery - Ranked 48th in the nation
- Nephrology - Ranked 49th in the nation