Please keep the following guidelines in mind when planning your event.
Here’s how Jefferson will help make your fundraiser a success:
- Gift receipts for all contributions made directly to Jefferson via check or online.
- More information about the clinical area of interest chosen as the beneficiary of your fundraising effort.
- Volunteer and Event Toolkit and guidance in accepted use of Jefferson’s name and/or logo in promotional materials for your event (see below).
- Event listing on Jefferson’s Office of Institutional Advancement giving portal and website.
Assistance that will not be provided:
- Staff support for event coordination.
- Recruitment of event sponsors/participants.
- Mailing lists of donors, alumni, vendors, employees or volunteers.
- Financial support to cover event expenses.
- Obtain permits or insurance coverage.
- Official receipts for donations NOT payable to Jefferson.
Requirements for Marketing/Promotional Materials:
Jefferson must review and approve all publicity and/or promotional material containing the Jefferson name or logo or the name or logo of its affiliates before these materials are printed, emailed, posted or released to the public in any way. Please email materials for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jefferson disclaims any and all liability and responsibility of any nature associated directly or indirectly with your event/project, including, without limitation, property damage and personal injury.
Tax Deductibility & Receipting:
An individual/organization making a donation payable to and received by Jefferson will be sent an official receipt for tax purposes outlining the tax-deductible portion of the donation. The name appearing on the check received by Jefferson, or donation made online, will be receipted for any gifts.
If goods or services are received in return for charitable donations (auction purchases, beverages, meals, tickets, etc.), you must determine and communicate the fair market value of those goods or services to individuals before they make a donation. The value of goods or services will be deducted from the total donation amount to determine the tax-deductible portion of the donation.
All proceeds from your event/promotion should be received within 30 days. Gifts made via check should be payable to “Jefferson.” Although a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelope will be provided, additional checks should be mailed to:
Jefferson Office of Institutional Advancement
Attn: Community Fundraising
130 S. 9th Street, Suite 1700
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Please complete and include the provided remittance form that states the event name and/or the area within Jefferson that the donations support. If individuals are mailing checks directly to Jefferson at the address above, please include the event name in the memo of the check so the donations may be directed appropriately. If you have questions about these guidelines or need more information, please contact 215-955-0977 or email@example.com.