- Put people first: Whether we’re dealing with benefactors, colleagues, patients, students, or anybody else, we treat everyone with dignity and respect, and go above and beyond to put people first.
- Be bold and think differently: Jefferson is continually redefining what’s possible in the medical, research, and academic spaces. OIA is doing the same for philanthropy. We like big thinkers with bold ideas and the drive to make them happen.
- Do the right thing: It’s just the right thing to do. Our standards of integrity and accountability are high because, as a world-class institution, we owe our constituents and colleagues nothing less.
Our values guide recruiting too. We want to ensure that every candidate has a positive experience with OIA. Part of that is making our process as transparent as possible.
- The application: When you see a position that interests you, click the link on our page to see a description, then proceed to Jefferson’s Human Resources (HR) site to submit your application.
- The review process: Our partners in HR review each application and pass along promising résumés to OIA’s associate director of Advancement Operations, who works with hiring managers to identify the strongest candidates.
- The phone interview: At this stage, we’ll reach out and schedule time for you to talk with a member of our Advancement Operations team. We’re hoping to learn more about your background and your goals for your next position, and we’ll share more about the role and what it’s like to work at Jefferson.
- The in-person interview(s). We insist on in-person interviews, typically two rounds. It helps you get a feel for the team you’ll be working with, and it helps us connect with you too. Most often, you’ll meet with the hiring manager, the immediate team, and others you’ll work closely with in the role. You’ll also meet with our HR partner who can answer questions about benefits and guide you through our onboarding process. Every final candidate meets with our executive vice president, Elizabeth Dale, and senior vice president, Stephen Smith, who are invested in hiring the right people at all levels because it’s that important.
- References, the offer, and beyond. If you’re selected as the final candidate, our HR partner will ask for your references: two managers and three non-managers. If everything looks good, we’ll present you with a competitive offer letter. Once you’ve accepted (and we hope you do!), our HR partner will schedule a health screening appointment and initiate a background check.
Associate Director, Digital Marketing Analytics
The Associate Director, Digital Marketing Analytics captures and interprets philanthropic marketing data from a range of sources and communicates these findings to stakeholders in the Office of Institutional Advancement. Reporting to the Director, Digital Communications, this position will be responsible for digital research and data analysis projects for various OIA departments. The Associate Director should have a passion for uncovering and analyzing impact, identifying trends, influencers and opportunities, as well as developing strategies based on those insights.
Associate Director, Presidential & Leadershp Advisory Councils
The Associate Director, Presidential & Leadership Advisory Councils is a key member of the advancement team, managing relationships with members of the Presidential and Leadership Advisory Councils and coordinating efforts between Jefferson enterprise leadership and the Office of Institutional Advancement to maximize Council members’ philanthropic engagement in service of the Reimagine Campaign, Jefferson’s first comprehensive fundraising campaign. Working closely with the Associate Vice President (AVP), the Associate Director will identify, recruit, cultivate, steward, and manage relationships with members of all advisory councils and committees, including establishing at least one new advisory council that more meaningfully engages Jefferson’s women benefactors. This energetic and motivated incumbent will collaborate directly with the Office of the President and CEO staff, the EVP and Chief Advancement Officer and other OIA leaders, department chairs, and major gift officers to develop and execute strategies for council engagement. Additionally, the incumbent will manage and facilitate the activities of the councils including planning and executing regular meetings, identifying opportunities for partnerships across Enterprise departments, and other activities in support of philanthropy.
The Office of Institutional Advancement seeks a Data Strategist to lead the coordination of multiple data sources and platforms, identify opportunities for cross-cutting initiatives, and lead and execute projects that inform fundraising and engagement strategy. The Data Strategist will take a global approach and examine our existing data, data collection, and data analysis with the ultimate goal of providing foresight for improving the donor and alumni experience and increasing Jefferson’s ability to connect with constituents effectively.
Director, Annual Giving – Employee Giving
Under the leadership of the Associate Vice President, Annual Giving the incumbent will develop and execute comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and volunteer management strategies to achieve goals for the employee giving program within the broader priorities for the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) for Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health. Recruit and manage volunteers to develop effective strategies to encourage philanthropic support of the organization. Concentration on leadership annual gifts, renewals, upgrades and acquisition of employees to enhance the major gift pipeline.
Director, Alumni Relations
The Director of Alumni Relations manages the development, implementation, and execution of new and existing alumni programs, events, and services designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and Thomas Jefferson University. Serving as campus lead for Jefferson’s East Falls campus, the Director has a programmatic focus on, but not limited to, the engagement of alumni, students, benefactors, and campus partners from the University’s East Falls Campus.
Director of Development, TJU, East Falls
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development for TJU, East Falls Campus, the Director of Development will solicit individual donors and prospective donors for major gifts to the University and its priorities. Fundraising activities include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of alumni, prospects, and donors.
Director, Retiree Engagement Program
The Director, Retiree Engagement Program will work closely with the Senior Vice President to develop and execute strategy for a new program focused on the continued engagement of Jefferson physicians and administrators after retirement. The Director will work to re-engage, cultivate, and steward relationships with the existing community of Jefferson retirees and develop a plan for future engagement of physicians and administrators nearing retirement. The Director will oversee a comprehensive program including but not limited to volunteer leadership opportunities; a regular newsletter and other online engagement strategies; a regular slate of events; and other perks and benefits of membership yet to be defined. The Director will collaborate with teams across the Office of Institutional Advancement including planned giving, clinical and university major gifts teams, and alumni relations to identify opportunities for philanthropic engagement and networking to increase Jefferson’s grateful patient prospect base.
We care about diversity and inclusion, and we do everything we can to reflect that in our hiring. We love interesting candidates from all backgrounds, even if you’ve taken a non-traditional path, are changing gears, or have taken a few detours along the way. We also keep your résumé on file and call promising candidates back when new positions open up—seriously! When we meet somebody we think will be a star, we keep in touch and do our best to find a place for you.
Thanks for your interest in Jefferson OIA. We can’t wait to meet you!
For questions about Jefferson OIA recruiting, contact Taylor Lescallette at email@example.com.