SKMC Alumni Weekend 2019
Medical College Graduates Return to Jefferson for Alumni Weekend
On October 25 and 26, Jefferson celebrated the 4s and the 9s as SKMC alumni from 1949-2014 returned to their alma mater to reconnect with old friends, reminisce on their days as medical students, and revisit their old stomping grounds.
Notable amongst the weekend’s festivities, the class of 1969 was officially welcomed into the prestigious 50-Year Society. Celebrating the 50th anniversary since graduating from Jefferson, this milestone is commemorated with a special alumni pin and an exclusive reunion ceremony.
“It’s great to see the growth of Jefferson over the past half century. The campus is much bigger and has a real campus feeling,” says Jay Skyler, MD ’69. “It was really nice catching up with many people that I haven’t seen in years.”
Other events from Alumni Weekend include:
- Images Along the Way: A Surgeon’s Journey in Art, a collection of watercolor paintings by Gerald Marks, MD ’49 inspired by his time as a colorectal surgeon, was presented in the Pinizzotto-Ammon Alumni Center. This inaugural exhibit also commemorates Dr. Marks’ 70th reunion as a Jefferson alumni. Images Along the Way will be on display through Thanksgiving.
- A luncheon and alumni awards presentation hosted by Mark L. Tykocinski, MD, provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs at Thomas Jefferson University and the Anthony F. and Gertrude M. DePalma Dean of Sidney Kimmel Medical College.
- A $1,525,273 gift from the classes of ’49, ’54, ’59, ’64, ’69, ’74, ’79, ’84, ’89, ’94, ’99, ’04, ’09, and ’14.
- Campus tours led by current medical students.
- A reunion dinner at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
Thank you to all the alumni who attended and made this year’s alumni weekend a success
Next year, Jefferson welcomes back the 0s and 5s to reunite with their classmates for alumni weekend. If you’re celebrating a reunion in 2020 and would like to volunteer on your class’s reunion committee, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 215-955-7750 or firstname.lastname@example.org.