Ellen Surprises Jefferson’s “Swab Squad”
Ellen DeGeneres and our very own Jefferson nurses have all leveled up to help battle the coronavirus and care for those in our community.
On The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Ellen interviewed Jefferson nurses (our very own Swab Squad), and commended them for their heroic work on the front lines and their dancing skills to “level up” in the video that went viral. She graciously announced that her friends at Shutterfly, Inc. would be making a $50,000 gift to support our nurses through the COVID-19 Better Together Fund!
The COVID-19 Better Together Fund has already received 5,600+ applications from employees and students, and is providing help in real ways by:
- Supporting JeffSecure, our emergency fund to assist students with financial support for the unexpected, unforeseen, and unavoidable emergency expenses they are facing with our campus closures.
- Providing assistance for employees facing unforeseen hardships, and ensuring food and housing security.
- Funding transportation for employees if public transportation becomes compromised.
- Offering resources for mental health, counseling, and psychosocial support services for employees.
- Ensuring access to personal protective equipment (PPE) and rapid testing to keep our staff and patients safe.
- Helping subsidize elder care and childcare options for employees who have limited to no support.