The Right Care in the Right Place
- The Pancreaticobiliary Team and its physicians continue to be at the forefront of cutting-edge care and are currently advancing treatments using minimally invasive procedures to treat cancers of the bile duct and pancreas.
- Aside from the Center City and Methodist campuses, the division has six satellite offices spanning Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. We recently opened a free-standing endoscopy center in Bala Cynwyd.
- The Division is home to six Centers of Excellence: the Celiac Center, the Barrett’s Esophagus Treatment Center, the Hepatitis C Center, the GI Bleed Center, the Liver-Tumor Center and the Fatty Liver Center.
- Our liver program is the oldest in Philadelphia and continues to grow with outcomes that exceed national benchmarks. In 2016, the liver program performed 66 transplants, the largest number of transplants since its inception and, in June of 2016, celebrated its 1,000th liver transplant.
- Pioneered new endoscopic and esophageal technologies including radiofrequency ablation and photodynamic therapy.
- Annually, the Division has five or more physicians named to Castle Connolly and Top Docs in Philadelphia Magazine. Additionally, three to four physicians are named to Top Docs in New Jersey each year.
- Six locations for liver care in Center City, Delaware, Brandywine, Egg Harbor, Voorhees and Abington.