Institute of Emerging Health Professions
Congratulations on your acceptance to Jefferson!
Please review the requirements listed below before you start your classes. Failure to complete the prerequisite requirements will result in denied access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class. If you have any questions about completing these requirements, please contact IEHP at IEHP-Info@Jefferson.edu or at 215-503-1111.
Please complete the following:
Accept offer of admission
Due Date: Listed on acceptance letter
To confirm your enrollment please follow the steps outlined below.
You will receive 2 emails from TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu within 24 hours of your acceptance. The first will contain your Banner ID and log-in instructions. The second will be your PIN.
- Once you received your login information proceed to the Banner Web to log in
- Enter your Banner ID and PIN
- Select the link: Confirm Your Enrollment and follow the instructions
- Part of confirming your enrollment is ensuring the University has the necessary information for you to receive Financial Aid, complete the pre-matriculation process and receive your campus key which is needed to access campus technology. If you are missing this information, please click on the “Submit Your Missing Information” link and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, please contact the Admissions Office at TJU.Admissions@jefferson.edu or call 215-503-8890.
Update your Contact Information
It’s important all students review and update their HOME and LOCAL ADDRESSES, as well as EMERGENCY CONTACT information on a regular basis.
To do so, log on to Banner Web and click on the Personal Information link.
Submit Medical Records & Complete Clearances
Due Date: ASAP
Begin this process early since it may take up to 8 weeks to complete.
If you do not comply you will not have access to Blackboard/Banner on the first day of class.
All perfusion students will follow Category B for medical record requirements:
- Enroll with American DataBank (ADB), a company contracted by Occupational Health Network, for a $35 annual subscription fee. - https://thomasjefferson.complio.com
- Upload the completed health records into the American DataBank (ADB) Complio System. The required health forms may also be accessed through this website.
All Jefferson students are expected to use their Jefferson email account when enrolling in ADB. After that:
- ADB and UHS will review the forms and students will see communications such as correspondence regarding outstanding or insufficient requirements.
It’s the student’s responsibility to verify that the forms have been reviewed and approved.
- If the forms have been accepted and are considered complete, the ADB Complio System reads “School Approved.”
Questions may be addressed by phone to UHS at 215-955-6835 or by email to JeffUHS@jefferson.edu.
If you are a current Jefferson Employee, you must visit OHN and update your records.
The following background screening will also be tracked through Complio. Please create an account (if you haven't done so already) and follow these instructions. For FBI fingerprinting, please use service code: 1KG6ZJ.
The $131.00 package will contain these services:
• Social Security Trace
• Nationwide Sex Offender Check
• State and County criminal searches
• FBI Fingerprinting (Please use service code: 1KG6ZJ)
• Pennsylvania Child Abuse Registry
• Drug screen 10 Panel + EXP OPI
Submit Proof of Health Insurance
Due Date: 4 weeks before classes start
Submit HIPAA & Safety Training requirements
Due Date: By first day of class
Submit Final Transcript
At the completion of all outstanding prerequisites, have an official transcript mailed to:
Office of Admissions
130 South 9th Street, Suite 100
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Register for Class
Once everything is completed, you can register for class.
- Log into Blackboard Learn, go to the Banner tab and click student.
- To search for your course name- Click Look Up Classes
- To register for your courses -Click Registration and your Select Term
- Use the dropdown menu to indicate the term of your registration and click on Add or Drop Classes.
- At the bottom of this screen you will see several empty boxes to enter the 5 digit CRN (Course Reference Number) and register for those classes.
- You can click the Class Search button or confirm with your advisor regarding the appropriate CRN.
- Enter the numbers and click Submit Changes to register.
Pay Tuition & Fees
Due Date: By first day of class
- Pay your tuition and fees in Banner or access banner through your blackboard account. Follow this link for more information about tuition.
- JeffConnect services will automatically be provided for all enrolled students for a minimal $6.00 per semester. If you do NOT wish to use JeffConnect, you may opt-out of the service following these instructions:
1) Logon to Banner Web
2) Select "Personal Information"
3) Select "JeffConect Enrollment"
4) Click the "Unrolled" radio button
5) Click Submit
Review Student Handbook
Please review the student handbook before the first day of class.