Gerolamo, Angela Marie
Angela Marie Gerolamo, PhD, APRN, BC
Edison Building, Suite 846
Philadelphia, PA 19107
(215) 503-0376 fax
PhD, University of Pennsylvania - 2006
MSN, Temple University - 2002
BSN, Bloomsburg University - 1997
American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2002
Research & Clinical Interests
Clinician consultant to Mathematica Policy Research, Princeton NJ—current projects include the Evaluation of the New Jersey Nursing Initiative, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation; Development and Testing of Behavioral Health Quality Measures, funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation; and Partnership for Patients, funded by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Research interests include assessing interventions to improve the quality of care for individuals with mental health problems and complex chronic conditions; mental health policy; nursing workforce
American Psychiatric Nurse’s Association
Eastern Nursing Research Society
Sigma Theta Tau
National League for Nursing
Awards & Honors
Ann Burgess Endowment Award, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
Nurse in Washington Internship Program, American Psychiatric Nurses Association, 2005
Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, Temple University, 2002
Gerolamo, Angela M., Jung Y. Kim, and Jonathan D. Brown. “Lessons from Three Models of Integrated Care for Medicaid Beneficiaries.” Presentation at the Center for Studying Disability Policy Research Forum, Mathematica Policy Research, Washington, DC, June 2013.
Kim, Jung Y., Tricia Collins Higgins, Dominick Esposito, Mark Flick, Angela M. Gerolamo, and Allison Hamblin. “Behavioral-Physical Health Integration Pilots Show Promise for Reducing Emergency Department Use and Psychiatric Hospitalizations.” Presentation at the AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, Orlando, FL, June 2012.
Gerolamo, Angela M., Grace Roemer, and Amy Krilla. “Evaluation of the New Jersey Nursing Initiative.” Presentation at the New Jersey Nursing Initiative Annual Conference, Princeton, NJ, October 2010.
Gerolamo, Angela M., and Grace F. Roemer. “U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program Quality Review Project.” Presentation at the Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program: Continuing the Transformation Conference, Dallas, May 2009.
Washington Internship Program.” Presentation at the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Conference, Nashville, TN, November 2005.
Most Recent Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Development and preliminary validation of a scale to measure patient uncertainty: The “Uncertainty Scale”
- Patient-Identified Needs Related to Seeking a Diagnosis in the Emergency Department
- Long-term outcomes of the New Jersey nurse faculty preparation program scholars
- Implementation of a Reverse Colocation Model: Lessons from Two Community Behavioral Health Agencies in Rural Pennsylvania
- Who will educate our nurses? A strategy to address the nurse faculty shortage in New Jersey
- Medicare Coordinated Care
- Workload and the nurse faculty shortage: Implications for policy and research
- An Exploratory Analysis of the Relationship Between Psychiatric Nurses' Perceptions of Workload and Unit Activity
- Measuring Adverse Outcomes in Inpatient Psychiatry: The Reliability of Nurse Recall
- The Conceptualization of Physical Restraint as a Nursing-Sensitive Adverse Outcome in Acute Care Psychiatric Treatment Settings
- Core data elements tracking elder sexual abuse
- State of the science: Outcomes of acute inpatient psychiatric care
- Profiling the hospital-based psychiatric registered nurse workforce
- State of the science: Women and the nonpharmacological treatment of substance abuse